You've reached our
We are committed to being clear and reliable with the hope that we can help ease your doubts and worries. So you can go about living your life to the fullest.
We have compiled the drug summaries of over 200
prescription drugs for your convenience.
- Open the App and click on the ‘+’ button visible in the bottom right-hand corner.
- From the options that open up, select Add Drug.
- The following screen will open up.
- You may also navigate to the same page by going into the Menu, accessing My Profile and under the Drugs tab, clicking the Add Drug option at the bottom of the page.
- Type in the drug you want to schedule and select from the dropdown list. The standard schedule will then open.
- Select the ‘Try SmartSchedule’ option on the screen.
- You will receive a notification as shown below. Click ‘OK’.
- The screen shown below will open allowing you to add in a Smart Schedule for your drug. Fill in the details pertaining to Refill Reminder, Route, Frequency, Dosage and Set Time. Then select ‘Save’.
- The Smart Schedule feature is designed for users who require different dosages of the same drug at different times in the day. Thus, on entering one reminder, the Smart Schedule will re-open allowing you the flexibility of additional reminders. You will see the reminder you previously saved under the Dosage Summary section. Re-enter the Route, Frequency, Dosage and Set Time as per your requirements and click Save.
- The Smart Schedule will open up again and you may follow the previous step for additional reminders. Click ‘Done’ on the top right-hand corner when finished.
- Access My Profile in the Menu. Under the Drugs tab, you should be able to see the drug and custom schedule added as shown in the screen below.
- Open the KnowYourMeds app and access the Menu. Under the Menu, click on Settings.
- Under Settings, access App Notifications and if switched off, switch them on.
If you have an Android phone you may be facing this issue due to battery optimization settings in the
Android Operating System – Marshmallow & above
Here’s a set of steps on how you can change these settings to start seeing notifications from KnowYourMeds again:
- From the “Settings” tab of your phone click on “Apps and Notifications” as shown below.
- Once you are inside the “Apps & notifications” section you should see KnowYourmeds listed in the recently opened apps list or if you did not open it recently it should be under “see all xxx apps” where xxx is the number of app installed on your phone.
- Click on KnowYourMeds from this list to see a screen similar to the one below. Click on “Notifications” to see the notifications settings for the app.
- The Notifications tab will list down different kinds of notifications you could receive from the app. To ensure you don’t miss out on any notifications from knowYourMeds, you should ideally turn all these options ON.
- These settings may still not ensure that you will receive all notifications from KnowYourMeds as you may have battery saver settings turned ON. In Android Marshmallow & above, these are automatically turned on. As a secondary check to ensure you get notifications, click on “Battery” from the “Settings” menu as shown in point 3.
- Click on “Battery Optimization” from this menu to see the screen below that lists down all the installed apps that have battery optimization feature turned ON for them by default.
- On clicking the KnowYourMeds icon from the list above you will see a pop-up on your screen which will allow you to disable optimization for KnowYourMeds. Click on “Don’t Optimize”. You should start seeing the notifications after making these changes to the settings.
- Open any email you have received from KnowYourMeds.
- At the end of the email, you will see an ‘Unsubscribe’ option. Clicking on this link will redirect you to the KnowYourMeds page which will confirm that you have successfully unsubscribed.
- Open the KnowYourMeds app and access the Menu. Under the Menu, select Settings.
- Under Settings, access Email Notifications and switch them on.
- Open the KnowYourMeds app and access the Menu. Under the Menu, select My Dependents.
- A screen with all your existing dependents will be visible. To add a dependent, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the ‘Add Dependent’ button.
- This will lead you to the screen below where you can enter details of your dependents. On entering the details of your dependent, click ‘Done’ on the top right-hand corner.
- The change will be reflected on the My Dependents tab.
Notifications and reminders in the KnowYourMeds app are categorized based on color for easy recognition and action.
- Notifications with a blue band pertain to FDA notifications and would generally be to inform you about drug recalls, press releases, safety alerts etc. related to the drugs you have added.
- Notifications with a red band pertain to major food or drug interactions. If any of the drugs you have added have a severe reaction with a particular food item or another drug you have added to your profile, you will be notified of this interaction and its details.
- Notifications with an orange band pertain to moderate food or drug interactions. If any of the drugs you have added have a moderately severe reaction with a particular food item or another drug you have added to your profile, you will be notified of this interaction and its details.
- Notifications with a yellow band pertain to mild food or drug interactions. If any of the drugs you have added have a mild reaction with a particular food item or another drug you have added to your profile, you will be notified of this interaction and its details.
- Notifications with a pink band pertain to allergen information. If you have added an allergy to the app and have consequently added a drug that contains the allergen, you will receive a notification informing you of the presence of the allergen.