Sanjiv Chopra, M.D., MACP
Sanjiv Chopra, MD, is Professor of Medicine and served as Faculty Dean for Continuing Medical Education
at Harvard Medical
School for 12 years. He serves as a Marshall Wolf Master Clinician Educator Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
Dr. Chopra has more than 150 publications and nine books to his credit. Dr. Chopra is Editor-in-Chief of the Hepatology Section of UpToDate, the most widely used electronic textbook in the world subscribed to by more than 1.2 million physicians in 195 countries.
He is a sought after inspirational speaker across the United States and abroad, addressing diverse audiences on topics related to medicine, leadership, happiness, and living with purpose.
He has received numerous rewards, including:
- In 2003, The American Gastroenterological Association Distinguished Educator Award was bestowed upon him.
- In 2009 he was elected as a Master of the American College of Physicians, a singular honor bestowed to only a select few individuals for being “citizen physicians, educational innovators, scientific thinkers and humanists who inspire those around him or her and sets the standards for quality in medicine.”
He has written nine books including:
- Dr. Chopra Says Medical Facts and Myths Everyone Should Know (With Allan Lotvin, MD)
- Live Better, Live Longer. The New Studies That Reveal What’s Really Good and Bad for Your Health.
- Leadership by Example: The Ten Key Principles of all Great Leaders
- His brother Deepak and he wrote a double memoir: “Brotherhood: Dharma, Destiny and the American Dream,” published May 21, 2013. It is a National Best Seller.
- The Big 5 Five Simple Things You Can Do to Live a Longer, Healthier Life.
- The Two Most Important Days … by Sanjiv Chopra and Gina Vild will be published by St. Martin’s Press in December 2017. It has received singular advanced praise.